Student Software Developer
(part-time / student role)
Are you looking for an exciting part-time developer job in a startup where you will get lots of hands-on experience and have real influence? Then this role may be for you.
Qvest is a Copenhagen-based startup and our customers are large complex organizations all over the world. We are looking for an ambitious student to join our team.
Your responsibilities will be to support our product development team in their work and include tasks such as:
- Work using cutting edge technologies to extend a young, yet large, web application
- Implement web user experiences based on detailed high quality design handoffs
- Own and realize the technical implementation of entire features
- Be part of a tight feedback loop with thousands of production users by participating in a development team who releases early and often
- Have influence on architecture and tooling decisions across frontend, backend and devops
- Triage and fix bugs in existing solutions
- You are pursuing a relevant BSc or MSc (e.g. Software engineering, Computer science)
- Proficient in web markup and styling (HTML/CSS)
- Good systematic problem solving skills
- Self-starter - you know when to trust your instincts and when to ask for help
- Able to strike a good balance between attention to detail and getting the job done
- Experience with frontend stacks similar to ours (React, styled-components, Apollo-client)
- Experience with backend stacks similar to ours (GraphQL, Express, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in modern version control practices (git, GitHub/Gitlab)
- Interest in machine learning and general data science
- Ambitious and fun workplace where your ideas and execution will have immediate impact.
- Opportunity to learn a lot and close collaboration with the leadership team.
- Exposure to our amazing customers - the biggest and most well-respected companies in the world.
- Nice office in Christianshavn with delicious lunch and coffee - remote or partly-remote is also okay.
- 10-15 hours per week with flexibility.
“Working at Qvest has given me invaluable professional experience. If you are looking for an exciting, high-paced environment where you will work closely with experienced leaders, Qvest is the place that you are looking for. You will be able to have an active and participatory role in decision-making, be thrown out onto deep water, and engage with exciting projects – all in a fun and inspiring culture.”
- Andreas - student worker at Qvest
Qvest is a digital tool to secure buy-in from employees for an organization’s most important initiatives and strategies. Qvest secures buy-in by using employee insight to foster a collaborative culture and drive strategic alignment.
How to Apply
If you have questions about this job, you can reach out to CTO Niels Søholm (email@example.com).
Submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us your CV or updated Linkedin profile, and drop us a note about why we should hire you.
Application deadline is August 1st, but we review applications as they come in, so the sooner you apply, the better. Start date is August 25th.